Nurse staffing is at a crisis. After decades of greedy hospitals intentionally understaffing nurses and other poor working conditions, nurses are leaving the bedside in droves.
The Time is Now for meaningful, systemic change. It’s time lawmakers start listening to nurses instead of hospital lobbyists. The situation is dire.
We need your help.
Help us educate the public, media, and policymakers by submitting your testimonial.
Your message will be used during a mass display at the Ohio Statehouse for Nurses Day at the Statehouse on March 9, 2022. If you feel comfortable, we ask that you also submit a selfie in your scrubs so lawmakers connect a real face with your message.
Testimonials will also be used on social media and other communication pieces.
Use one of these question prompts for your testimonial:
- What was your worst day as a nurse and why?
- Are you thinking of leaving the profession? If so, why?
- How often are you short staffed? What affect does that have on you?
- Have you ever experienced workplace violence? Without violating HIPAA, tell us about your experience prior, during and after the incident. Did you feel supported by workplace? What could have been improved?
- Do you feel supported by your workplace?
- Are you struggling right now in your role as a nurse? If so, tell us why.