Member made, member led.
The Ohio Nurses Association is truly a member-driven association. Led by the Board of Directors and supported by several councils and committees, ONA relies on our membership to light the way. All councils and committees are staffed by ONA but piloted by ONA nurses.
Board of Directors
The Ohio Nurses Association’s Board of Directors is composed of 15 members, consisting of three general officers (President, Vice President, and Secretary-Treasurer), and twelve directors all of which are standard members of ONA.
Executive Board (2023-2025 [2-year terms]
President – Rick Lucas, BSN, RN, CCRN
Vice President – Jacinta Tucker, MSN, RN
Secretary & Treasurer – Michelle Thoman, MSN, RN
Directors (2023-2025 [2-year terms]
Alex Watts, BSN, RN, PCCN
Jessica Frymyer, RN, BSN, CNOR
Catharyne Henderson, BSN, RN-BC
Deborah Angel Baker-Loyd, RN
Lukas Killian, BSN, RN-BC
Amy Pompeii, RN-BC
Barbara McGhee, BSN, RN
Michelle Croker, RN, RN-ICU
Janet Corbin, BSN, RN, CCRN
Angela Rentel, BSN, RN
Justine Lieberum, BSN, RN, BS
Rhonda Love, RN
Kelly Nedrow, Interim CEO
Committees, Councils & More
Are you a member interested in getting involved? Read on to learn more about ONA’s volunteer-driven committees and councils.
To volunteer, visit the Volunteer Match module within ONAConnect.
Health Policy Council
Members of the Health Policy Council serve two years and are deeply involved in both our legislative and political activities. Specifically, the Council does the following, among other duties:
- Evaluate proposed federal, state and local legislation for its implication for nurses, nursing and health care and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Advise the Board of Directors, structural units and districts on legislative and political issues.
- Promote appointment of qualified nurses to key leadership positions in government, industry, state and health related foundations and consumer organizations.
- Implement the political endorsement process.
Catharyne Henderson, Chair
Kelly Duffey Evans
Kelly Hickman Begley
The CEC consists of member who meet the most current accreditation and approval criteria and rules for peer reviewers. The CEC shall, among other duties,:
- Study and evaluate matters relating to continuing education and recommend appropriate action.
- Oversee the approval process for individual continuing education activities and providers of continuing education.
- Identify the need for state legislation in the field of continuing education.
The official description of the CEC and its duties are found in the ONA bylaws.
Members of the CEC
Laura Rafeld, Co-chair
Sue Smith, Co-chair
Council on Practice
The Council on Practice consists of members with a mixture of clinical backgrounds. The COP is tasked with, among other duties,:
- Interpreting professional standards of practice within the state and devising means for putting these into effect.
- Working with groups on issues related to nursing practice.
- Receiving and taking action upon complaints and problems of nursing practice.
The official description of the Council on Practice and its duties are found in the ONA bylaws.
Members of the Council on Practice