Anonymous Nurse: Are there any financial resources available for ONA members?
Nurse Jesse: Yes!
• SoFi: Student Loan Refinancing Through SoFi
ONA has partnered with SoFi to offer student loan debt refinancing at low rates, creating meaningful savings for borrowers.
ONA members, friends, and family receive a $300 Welcome Bonus when they apply through SoFi.com/ONA.
Refinancing is a great solution for working graduates who have high-interest, unsubsidized Direct Loans, Graduate PLUS loans, and/or private loans. Federal loans do carry some special benefits, for example, public service forgiveness and economic hardship programs, that may not be accessible to you after you refinance.
SoFi offers a range of options to optimize your monthly payments, lifetime cost, or speed of pay off, all in addition to no fees and no catch. What’s not to like? Check your rate in two minutes at SoFi.com/ONA.
• First Solution Loan Program: https://connect.ohnurses.org/profile/rewards/first-solution-loan-program
• AFT Student Debt Clinics: Find out if you are eligible for federal student loan forgiveness and how to apply.
American Nurses Association (ANA): https://www.nursingworld.org/membership/member-benefits/personal-benefits/
• ANA’s collaboration with Prudential helps ANA members to gain greater support when navigating their financial wellness. The Prudential digital financial wellness platform provides ANA members with access to tools and solutions tailored to their individual needs. These convenient and free tools allow you to tackle a broad range of topics such as budgeting, college funding, retirement planning, and tax and estate planning strategies.
Visit www.prudential.com/anamember to start experiencing the benefits of the Prudential’s Financial Wellness Program.
To register for a free Prudential webinar explaining their Financial Wellness program, please click here
• The ANA has partnered with CommonBond, a leading student lender, to help you save money through student loan refinancing. Refinancing your federal or private student loans to a lower interest rate can save you thousands. CommonBond offer up to 24 months of forbearance, just in case you need to put payments on pause, plus the process is free and ANA members get $300 cash back from CommonBond when they refinance!
Visit CommonBond for an instant quote and to start an application.
>> To listen to a webinar on Student Loan Refinancing 101, click here.
Webinar: How to Pay Down Student Loans
For Collective Bargaining Members:
American Federation of Teachers (AFT): https://www.aft.org/member-benefits/finance-legal
• Credit and Budget Counseling
Free consumer credit counseling, budget advice and discounted debt-management services are available 24 hours a day to help members with confidential financial guidance.
• Credit Card
The AFT + credit card program offers three credit card options that AFT members and their families can apply for.
• Assistance in time of job interruption
In tough times, a variety of AFT + Member Benefits programs, through Union Plus, offer tools to help stretch your household budget and in some cases, offer direct financial aid.
Other Ohio Resources: https://mha.ohio.gov/Portals/0/assets/SchoolsAndCommunities/Employment/Guide%20to%20Financial%20Literacy%20and%20Education%20Resources%20-%20July%202020.pdf?ver=2020-07-08-152101-917