Get your continuing nursing education activity approved by the Ohio Nurses Association.
Offer quality continuing education programming by getting your activity approved by ONA. We are an approver of continuing nursing education, accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Our experienced staff will make sure that you have all of the necessary components to make your CE program a success.
- Complete application and payment must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the activity.
- Applications may NOT be sent via US Mail or via email.
- Applications will not be processed until application fee is received.
- During processing, we will contact the applicant if we require additional information. If an applicant has to be asked for additional information after the second submission, reprocessing fees will occur.
- Commercial entities are not eligible to apply for approval of activities or as a provider unit. A commercial entity is defined as an organization that produces, distributes, markets or re-sells products used by or on patients. The only exception to this criterion would be if the department putting on the CE activity had sufficient corporate safeguards or firewalls between the education component and the commercial entity part.
Before You Begin
- Continuing Education Manual for Individual Activities 2012-2013 Review and familiarize yourself with this manual. It explains in detail how to fill out an application.
- Watch this 10-minute training video on how to use the Online CE Application Manager to submit your application.[/list_item]
Documents You’ll Need
These documents will be uploaded during the application process.
- Biographical and Conflict of Interest Form – you need to fill out a separate one of these forms for each speaker and planning committee member.
- Educational Design Grid – instruction on how to complete this document are in the Continuing Education Manual and in the Online CE Application Manager. Choose the one that matches your activity:
These documents are for your reference to help you complete your application. They are not part of your application.
- Commercial Support/Sponsorship Tree
- Conflict of Interest Decision Tree
- Sample Disclosure Statements
- Terms and Conditions for Speakers/Authors
- Sample Faculty Directed Application for your review prior to filling out the online questionnaire
- Sample Independent Study Application – for your review prior to filling out the online questionnaire
- Outcomes – Where Do I Find Them?